The Assistant Manager helps the store manager create a safe, fun environment for guests of Omniverse with smooth, efficient, and profitable operations. This position supervises and leads Game Guides as well as open and close the doors daily at The Omniverse.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide the best in class guest experiences: Greet guests, answer their questions, address their concerns or complaints.
- Efficiently and effectively check guests in and out of their chosen VR experiences including educating them on Virtual Reality, accepting payment at the point of sale system, and asking if they would like to book another experience.
- Promote Omniverse's VR experiences to people walking by the store front, guests in the facility, and through company approved social media channels.
- Assist with training and supervising Omniverse staff in all facets of their job responsibilities as well as company procedures and policies.
- Assist the Facility Manager with ensuring that the facility always has adequate staffing
- Ensure that all facility equipment and fixtures are clean and in good working order
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state required proof of age documents
- High school diploma or GED required; An Associate's or accredited Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in business, marketing, merchandising, or related field preferred
- At least 2 years of retail sales, guest service, and/or leadership/management experience required; at least 6 months of retail management experience preferred
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach with arms / hands, climb on ladders
- Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted for up to 12 hours
- Must have transportation to make bank deposits as needed according to Company guidelines
- Proficient guest service skills
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English; bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Proficient knowledge of operating a point-of-sale computer system and properly completing required paperwork
- Proficient understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Proficient self-motivation and ability to work as a team to complete necessary tasks in a timely manner
- Proficient problem solving skills and judgment abilities
- Proficient ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deliver bank deposits according to loss prevention safety guidelines
- Ability to work extended hours/days as necessary, including Sundays
- Ability to remain effective under pressure; ability to handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to Omniverse policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
- Demonstrated commitment to all Respectful Workplace policies, procedures, and general expectations.